Waiting Game - August 2009

Ok, so now I have just over four weeks to wait....what a tidal wave of emotions and millions of jobs to do!!!! Really the time went quite quickly!

My first wave of emotions weren't related to being panicked by the surgery, it was worrying how to get everything at work organised before I could go on leave, but it pretty muched sorted itself out!

The next hurdle was trying to work out who to tell and why! Our workplace is very different and there are many people that I am close to but I didn't know where to draw the line....but as usual I told everyone that I cared about, and that I am close to and that didn't leave too many people in the dark!

And in hindsight - I think telling everyone, actually helped me be less nervous about the surgery. All questions helped me do more research and make sure that I was fully up to speed. Even though the decision had already made - I booked in with Sandra Lee to attend the free seminar at Hervey Bay with Dr DeLacy's assistants.....and it was horse had already bolted from the starting gate, I did learn stuff - and Sandra Lee (the sicko) was really excited and is still anxious to press my button (the access port)! She is a nut!

One of the only stumbling blocks that I had with the procedure was the alcohol...name me a alcholic drink that doesn't use soft drink, fruit juice or milk.....and drinking stuff straight gives me heartburn......but I got over that - just call me designated driver! And there is always the odd glass of wine that can tie me over!!!! So all is not lost!

No comments:

Post a Comment