Last Week Countdown

I have been on opti-fast/opti-slim and salad for over two weeks (Dr DeLacy was said the two weeks prior to the surgery would be fine), and I can't count....I did three weeks! And by God, am I sick of salad.....no meat, just salad and vege..........I am definately a carnivore!!!!! However the scales at home said I had lost 4 kilos so I felt pretty happy with that - but there is going to be a long week ahead!

I was due to go on leave on the Wednesday prior to surgery on Thursday 10/09/09, I didn't want there to be too much time left for me to think and stress about the surgery in the days before.

However my world fell apart, on Friday 04/09/09, when I received a phone call early in the morning from Bundy telling me that my dear friend Simo had lost her battle with cancer. So by Friday afternoon, there had been a lot of tears, but everything I could do in the office was done - so in case the funeral was on either Monday or Tuesday I could leave and not have to worry about work at all.

But come Sunday I was so miserable I decided that I would give myself a break and take the Monday and Tuesday off as well. Dear Katie K, had offered to drive me to Bundy on the day prior to the surgery but with the upset and a need to spend some time with mum, I went to Bundy on Tuesday instead. I rearranged the bedroom to accomodate all my junk and settled in at Mum and Ray's again! Tuesday night Cousin Col came for dinner - and he bought me flowers from his garden, which were just beautiful! That night I got bugger all sleep....I fought with the CPAP mask, and tossed and turned all night!!!!!

Wednesday, I was kept busy by my darling Karen and her beautiful children! By going to Kindy gym, shopping, lunch with the girls, and school pick ups......it was a very busy day - but I was suitably distracted! By the time I got home I was exhausted -but I packed my hospital bag and went to sleep watching the first season of True Blood!

The well wishing text messages also started on Wednesday night...but it really does go to show how loved I am!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment