Well it is now 8.34pm on Sunday night and I have driven to mum and Ray's, been out for a lovely chinese dinner and am now showered and settled on the couch to watch some telly with mum - to avoid thinking about tomorrow.
Life has been a bit of a whirlwind since the last blog and that was only a week ago. Basically Dr De lacy wanted me booked in for surgery as quickly as possible because I had completely prolapsed my stomach over the top of my lap bad. Which he decided to tell me may have actually been fatal.....yeah ok I got scared!!!
So off to surgery I go tomorrow at the Mater hospital tomorrow morning at 9.30am. There are two options with the surgery and I won't know which one until after I wake up! It is considerd day surgery but I get to stay over night regardless. Plan A is to go in via laproscopic surgery, and he will unclip the band and reclip it and secure it back into position. Plan B is to take the band off completely and then go back in again in three months and get it put back on! And of course Plan A is the preferred option, but there are many variables......depending on the amount of damage and scar tissue from the original surgery and the continual throwing up, and there is also the possiblity that he might not be able to keep it laproscopic surgery either.....oh what a lottery this one is!!!
At this point in time I am staying at mum's for a week and then home for a week....but that is all subject to change.
Will update again soon!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment